So I got this bug to dry age some beef. Now I know there is controversy around dry vs wet aging when it comes to home use. I intend to monitor and control the environment as best I can and to give it a whirl! I am extremely excited about being able to age my own beef cuts to make roasts, steaks & killer ground beef!
I plan on using a Microcomputer to monitor the environment and to document the aging process
So I need some parts....
1) A fridge (My cousin hooked me up with a nice, gently used Frigidaire)
2) A fan to circulate the air
3) A system to monitor the temperature and humidity (will be using a Raspberry Pi for this)
a) Raspberry Pi - Model B
b) Temperature/Humidity Sensor
c) Raspberry Pi Mini Camera
d) USB Wifi to get pics and data off the Raspberry Pi microcomputer
4) Replace fridge light with a CFL or LED light and remove switch that turns off the light (smile!)
5) If needed, a small humidifier
a) A way to control the humidifier (best to just regulate it's power, ie on/off)
And I need to iron out some processes...
1) A software solution to read sensor output and send to a database
2) A software solution to take pics every X seconds and upload to a server
3) A software solution to view both the sensor data and pics over the web
4) Get AC power into the fridge for 2-3 components
I ordered 2-3 already and am looking forward to getting it all working! Keep posted for updates!!!